How to Create Impactful Sales Lyrics That Sing
I have been a part of many sales training sessions over the years and have listened to many people share lyrics or statements that they say worked for them and had the results to prove it. Many of the lyrics made an impact on me during the training session but when I used them with clients, I did not have the same success. That’s when I learned something important about sales lyrics and statement. Not all sales lyrics and statement are made equal. Sales lyrics or statements tend to be more personal. They tend to resonate and influence best when you adopt them your style.
Take a moment and answers these four questions before we dive into this further.
- Who are sales lyrics or statements for me or my clients?
- What do I believe the purpose is for sales lyrics and statements?
- How can I increase my sales results with better sales lyrics and statements?
- Which version of the song Landslide do you like best? Watch 30 seconds the videos below.
Landslide by Smashing Pumpkins
Landslide by Dixie Chicks
Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
- Who are my sales lyrics or statements for you or your clients? The answer is both. They are for you first and your client second. A lyric needs to be for you first because you will be the one using them. You will avoid or be afraid of using statement if you are not comfortable with it and that could create doubt or uncertainty in the mind of your client. They are for the client second because you are using your statements to build credibility and confidence that you, your solution and company are the right fit for them.
- What do I believe the purpose is for sales lyrics and statements? They should be used to get in rapport with your client. This is important because we all know people buy from people they like. Sales lyrics and statement are not so you can sell them or convince them to do business with you. People can read right through the baloney. Once this happens, the client will see you as selfish or untrustworthy.
- How can I increase my sales results with better sales lyrics and statements? You need to understand two things. Who am I and who is my client? You need to know what personality type you are first and determine what type of personality type your client is. The main purpose is if you are more of a Go-Getter type personality, and your client is more likely a Partner type personality, and then you will need to change to a Partner and quell the Go-Getter in you. Otherwise, conflict and frustration could occur with your client. Now if you are a Go-Getter and your client is the same, you will probably have a great time, and you have an increased opportunity to do business.
- Which version of Landslide written by Stevie Nicks do you like best? Hopefully, by now you figured out there is not a correct answer. If you prefer blues rock, you probably like the Fleetwood Mac version the best. If you prefer alternative rock, then it was most likely the Smashing Pumpkins version. If you tend to listen to country music, then the Dixie Chicks were the one you liked best. The key is to understand who you are first and then your audience. The lyrics and tune of each song were the same, but the delivered all differently.
The Bottom Line:
The bottom line is sales lyrics and statements are personal. Some lyrics will resonate better with you than others. Just like music, you can increase your success if you can learn to sing to the crowd. If you are in front of an alternative rock crowd, you would want to sing the Smashing Pumpkins version of Landslide. When you are in front of a country audience, you would want to sing the Dixie Chicks version. Make sure to change according to your audience.