It is essential to understand that a leader is out in front of their people; otherwise, if you are behind your people, you are a follower.
People want to be led and not pushed. It is said that a leader that has no one following them is on a walk.
Here are 21 rules that can help any new or seasoned leader in their position lead a group or team. These rules will help bridge the gap from your previous position or remind you of things you need to do in your leadership role.
Each rule is time and battle tested.
Here is the list of rules:
- Huddle with Your Coaches
- Avoid the Change Plaque
- Interview Your Crew
- Remember the Sweetest Sound In the World
- Empower Your Leaders
- Influence the Real Leaders
- Set the Right Expectations
- Train Your Coaches
- Remember You are a Role Model
- Stay Balanced
- Be the Master of Your Domain
- You are the Navigator
- Show Your Human Side
- You are the U in Urgency
- Stay Open to News from the Front Line
- Avoid Analysis Paralysis
- Be Respected Before Liked
- Walk a Mile in Their Shoes
- Hire Only the Cream of the Crop
- Optimize or Recycle
- Live the Levels of Leadership
Click on any of the rules of leadership to have a deeper understanding of the rule.